About Me

My photo
This blog is to share lessons from a leadership class I took.

Friday, February 17, 2012

TIME MANAGEMENT

Based on the lecture and the lab session, I've resolved to listen more and observe myself while I do this. I'm more determined now after Tamara's lecture to be intentional and accountable to myself with all tasks I undertake. By carefully achieving these two goals, I am confident I'd be more in control of the events around me than letting events control my life. Listening more would enhance my communication and learning skills. Being more conscious and accountable would make me more responsible in my dealings.

Balance is the art of being in equilibrium with the events in one's life. It is the mastery of events in such a way that one is always in control regardless of what is happening. I implement balance in my role as a TA by prioritizing and doing that which is most important and then progressing to less important stuff. As I do this, I strive not to be too engrossed in my work that I do not have a healthy relationship with my students. I complete tasks on schedule so I could work on my research and other academic and social activities.

The most pronounced example I can give where I've been an excellent time manager would be how I handle the signals and systems labs with the students I TA. I go around finding out their challenges with the labs and helping them solve those problems so they could complete the labs on time. So far, we have not had any students behind schedule except for two students who have had to miss some labs because of family and health issues. We are working so these students can also catch up with the rest of the class. All in all, I feel good about the pace things are going and I'll continue to put in my best to ensure that we are on top of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment