About Me

My photo
This blog is to share lessons from a leadership class I took.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

HUMAN MOTIVATION

I played the role of Nelson Mandela last Wednesday. After interacting with Winston Churchill (Cameron) for some time, I was truly impressed with his level of honesty and openness. He did not hide the fact that there were certain issues he was ignorant of. Neither was he shy or hesitant for his lack of knowledge but showed a desire to improve himself when necessary. He was extremely confident and firm in his belief of what Great Britain stood for- a country that upheld the values of democracy,peace and true civilization. That form of honesty and complete loyalty to the people he served meant a great deal to me.

Nelson Mandela often motivated his followers through example. He strove to live the ideals of tolerance, justice, equality and unity. He encouraged his followers to seek redress through peaceful means and till the day he died, vehemently denounced violence. I deeply respect him for this.

I think the main element of motivation I'll emphasize in my role is the element of vision and reward. If the students I TA realize the need to keep working hard to perfect their computational skills using MATLAB, enjoy working in the labs and also see the opportunities and satisfaction that such knowledge provides, I'm positive they'll work better and contribute more to the progress of Signals and Systems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment